Friday, June 15, 2012

Girls, girls, GIRLS.

School is over, and finally I've gotten back into my favorite summer happenings.  Gardening, deep cleaning, farmers marketing, and girl time have all crept back into my life... horray!

Last Sunday I had a lovely brunch with my lovely friend Susie.  After, we spend the rainy afternoon digesting the giant plates of lamb and prosciutto omelets and watching episodes of Portlandia (fun but creepy). If you look at her fabulous website, you can see the posh BonTon Loft where she lives.  Such a perfect spot for girl time.

 Monday evening was spent sipping basil-muddled vodka cocktails on the green lawn of my friend Shelbadawn.  Fresh spring rolls followed, along with our usual idealistic plans of building compost bins and planting fruit trees.  

Oh, and I also spent a killer weekend post-Thailand "cleanse" with my lady Jonna in San Fran.  So much good produce there I could have exploded.  Also ate some amazing Lavender Shortbread, summer project!

So, girl reference number 3, no food involved.  Have you seen or heard of this new HBO show GIRLS?  Some say its the new, younger version of "Sex and the City"... and I say it's the more realistic and clever version without the heavy emphasis on heels and blow jobs.  I've really been enjoying its realistic portrayal of life in your late 20's.  They've tackled real issues such as HPV, awkward texting, and real friendship drama.  It's also written and directed by the shows star, Lena Dunham.    I give it 3 spatulas up.